Insurance Company 19 Point "EXPERT" Selection Questionnaire
1. Area(s) of Expertise. (Please identify all areas of expertise; C&O, electrical, mechanical, structural, explosives technology, computer hardware/software. Specify the level of limitation for each. Do not include any areas that are sub-contracted).
2. Fee structure: What are your rates for services (travel time, scene inspection, follow up investigation, report, court preparation, deposition testimony, court testimony)?
3a. Please provide a Curriculum Vitae or resume and a trial list on each individual to be considered for our approved list.
3b. Have you ever had a Daubert or Frye hearing? If yes, did you pass and please list case/court.
4. Please provide a list of each of your offices and the experts available. Indicate whether these offices are available for an on site visit. Include the mailing address, street address and telephone numbers for each office.
5. Regardless of your office location, can you provide your investigative services throughout the continental United States? If not, please indicate what geographic areas you can provide coverage for. Please identify each state you are licensed to complete investigations within.
6. Please advise us of your availability for responding to requests for investigations. Are you available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Indicate how you are contacted for assignments and explain your entire process for notification of assignments.
7. Have you in the past, or currently, performed investigations for any Insurance Company? If so, who were you working with? In addition, we would request you include the last three reports you have provided to Insurance Company. Include diagrams, statements, correspondence relating to evidence, and billing invoices. You do not need to provide us with copies of photographs or video documentation.
8. Please describe your billing process as well as your billing format.
9. Do you have a contractual relationship with other insurance carriers? If so, please explain the nature of the services you have contracted to provide.
10. Do you have your own laboratory for evidence processing? If not, do you have an on going contractual or incidental relationship with any specific laboratories for this service. If so, please provide us with the name(s) of the laboratory, address, phone number and contact person. In addition, please provide us with a rate structure for the in-house or external laboratory utilized.
11. Do you have secured storage capabilities for evidence available to you? If this on site or contracted for at an off site location? Please provide us with the location(s) of your storage facilities. In addition, please provide us with a rate structure for this service. Is this site available for an on site inspection?
12. Please provide us with the name, address and phone number of three (3) Legal Defense firms and/or attorneys you have worked with. Please include an individuals name for each firm that we may contact as a reference.
13. Please provide us with the name, address and phone number of three (3) Legal Plaintiff firms and/or attorneys you have worked with. Please include an individuals name for each firm that we may contact as a reference.
14. Please provide us with the name, address and phone number for three (3) Insurance Carriers you have worked with. Please indicate an individuals name for each company that we may contact as a reference.
15. Please provide us with the name, address and phone number for three (3) Government agencies (Federal, State or Local; Law Enforcement, Fire Service or District/Prosecuting Attorney?s) you have worked with. Please include an individuals name for each that we may contact as a reference.
16. Please provide a brief explanation of the circumstances on any outstanding litigation or judgments against you or your firm at this time. Please indicate the date of filing and the jurisdiction for action.
17. Please provide you current liability insurance limits including both primary and excess coverage including Workman's Compensation. Please include a copy of the declaration page(s) for this coverage.
18. Would you and/or your firm be willing to provide training for our Insurance Company staff? If so, what level of training would you be able to provide? Can this training be provided on a local, regional or national level? If you are already providing this training to another company, please identify the company office (address and contact name for training) receiving this training.
19. Is your expert properly certified and licensed in the field of expertise and in the state in which they reside?
We thank you for your cooperation on this project and appreciate the time and effort you are taking to help us accomplish our goals.
( Please pay special attention to questions 3a, 3b, 11,17 and 19 )